Monday 1 July 2013

Welcome to my new baby!!!

I should have done this a long time ago. I should have started this blog years ago, I should have made friends in the publishing world eons ago and I should have started writing those books ages ago. I should have forayed into the world of PR and Marketing and book-writing the very first time the idea presented itself.

But I was chicken shit.

It took me years of struggling to discover myself, what I want, who I want in my life, how I want my life to become and yes, it took Firebrand Publishing, to give me the guts to jump right in.

So, today marks the official start of my book-writing career. Back in April, I published an erotica with Smashwords and, because I was too chicken to associate my name with an erotica, I did not market it hence, I only made one sale thanks to a friend in Alberta, Canada who had enough faith in me to spend $0.99 for a book that is peppered with cyber sex stories. I took the book down a few hours ago and still tapping my foot at the moment while deciding on what I really want to do with it. It has a crappy cover, it badly needs editing and more content wouldn't hurt. But then again, my number one concern remains - do I really want to be associated with erotic materials?

Don't get me wrong, there are thousands of great erotica out there. I read them sometimes and I love them. Not all of them are crappy and fucked-up. I have so much respect for authors in this genre because they are so brave, talented and creative. It's the brave part that sets me apart, I am not that brave and I often wish I am.

I digress...

I have been thinking about this "foray" or "venture", or however you may choose to call it, for days now and I believe that this is the perfect time to do it. I have been in the PR and Marketing industry for thirteen years now and I think I am ripe enough to wade into deeper waters. I have been writing since I learned how to hold a pen the right way, diligently putting my thoughts into words on paper, on journals, on school notebook pages and even text book pages. I was a print journalist for five years before I ventured into the outsourcing industry. I have written website content, press release materials, blog content and marketing letters for various businesses. I have been actively marketing on social media networks for over a decade now, engaging people, studying the latest trends and applying them in my various campaigns for my clients. I have the experience, the technical know-how, the means and the skills to do it.

SO I AM DOING IT NOW.

This blog will be a main go-to place for authors, book readers and writers who wants to learn the ropes of marketing their books - no matter what genre. It will be a one-stop shop for resources, tips, news and information in the publishing and marketing industry. It will be a rich, thick and valuable treasure trove of everything there is to learn about effective organic marketing especially for authors.

As an author myself, I understand that not all of us has the inclination for marketing. Some of us had been spending so much time poking around on the internet in attempts to engage our fan base, build relationships and make book sales, to no avail and we end up feeling frustrated. Some of us don't really care much about marketing because all we really want to do is write and write some more. If only we can find someone to handle the marketing aspect for us, then this world would be a much better place to be in, right?

Let me help you. I would love to share with you what I know and help you position yourself in the spotlight.

Hang around and be my special guest... Welcome to this site... Welcome to my new baby!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish! Good job in going for what you want! You will never get anywhere if you don't put yourself out there and TRY!!! Good luck with your new endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennie! I hope to see you around. I'll let you know whenever I post something up. I'm working on my first Facebook marketing post. :)

      Delete